Retic Repairs in Perth
When carrying out retic repairs across Perth suburbs we come across a wide variety of problems. On any given day, we are servicing retic systems from Mandurah to Joondalup and everywhere in between! We work on all manner of systems, from new housing estates to very large old properties where the retic system can be more than 30 years old and has been worked on by many tradesmen over the years, added to and modified, which makes for very interesting problem solving! Some of the oldest systems have galvanized metal piping and metal sprinkler heads coming off a huge 5 horse power bore!
Common problems we are called out to:
- Nothing working
- Broken wires
- Solenoids staying on all the time and not switching off
- Sticking valves
- Drop in pressure
- Coverage issues- areas greener than others and other areas dry
- Solenoids not working at all-some areas not turning on
- Controller setting issue – not doing what it is supposed to
- Areas not turning on – this can be a valve-wire, controller or kinked pipe issue
- Sprinkler heads not operating correctly
- Full overhauls and modifications of reticulation systems
- General servicing and maintenance
- Waterwise retic conversions
- Lowering sprinklers to the correct height to avoid the lawn mower man breaking them (sometimes this entails installing a taller pop up so that it still pops up nice and high to cover correctly)
- Raising sprinklers to the right heights
- Bore repairs and maintenance including electrical
- Additions to existing systems
- Fixing complicated retic problems
Having the right equipment and materials is important for reticulation repair work.
One of things we are most known for is our problem solving. We specialize in solving difficult issues. If your retic has you stumped, then come to us! We have the correct equipment to test the circuit on each of your solenoids, to locate your broken wiring and solenoid valves and we can also test the output coming from your controller to ensure its sending a signal. We have a range of specialist parts once we have identified a problem to assist us in resolving it.
ADD A STATION
1. Wiring Issues
Sometimes a wire is so corroded and broken in so many parts its unable to be repaired or it runs under concrete or a building and the break is under the concrete or building. A valve needs its own independent wire to operate. In both cases, it is either going to be very costly or impossible. So how do we resolve this?
We can install an Add A Station. This is a device that can run two valves independently from one wire. We take the wire from a working valve and use it for the Add A Station. The Add A Station will then independently run both valves, the working one and the one with the broken wire.
2. Splitter Station
When there are multiple breaks we can install a Splitter Station. This is a device which can run 4 valves or less off one wire but cannot run them independently. We basically set the controller for 4 times as long on one station, once it’s run a cycle the splitter station evenly divides up the time between the remaining stations.
The problem with this set up is it’s a bit more difficult to understand and every time you run a test cycle it resets itself and will divide itself evenly by whatever time you set it for at the end of the station run time.
Both the Add A Station and the Splitter Station are invaluable when it comes to solving difficult or impossible wiring situations and should be part of every retic professionals repair kit
3. Retic has low pressure?
We have special low pressure nozzles which can, in the right situations, double or triple the coverage you have. Rather than spending a whole day adding in more solenoids, installing a larger controller, and then finding where all the pipes are to split up your system,simply installing these low pressure and water efficient heads may quickly and very effectively solve your issue. They work kind of like when you start restricting the flow of a hose with your finger which makes it spray further even though you are letting out less water. Water wise Rotary nozzles use a lot less water and therefore must be run a lot longer. The Water Corporation has guidelines on how long each type of sprinkler can run for:
We recommend and use the Hunter MP Rotator. This is a sprinkler with heavy droplets and an even spread that applies the water slowly to reduce run off and avoid misting and excessive evaporation. See our detailed web page here that explains them and has video’s and pictures.
To summarize, get the right company for your servicing and reticulation repairs in Perth. Here at Luke’s landscaping we have the knowledge, expertise, equipment and materials to assist you. Customer service is extremely important to us in our dealings with you and we offer a warranty on all our work. We have many more examples of materials and equipment that can assist you. Check out the rest of our website for more information.
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- I used Luke’s Landscaping to provide an overhaul of my front lawn with the task to reduce the amount of lawn and increase the low maintenance area including a rock feature. Also, they were used to provide a major landscaping overhaul for my Daughter’s back garden including lawns, garden beds and low water usage reticulation. All work was carried out within the agreed time schedule. The staff are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The work completed with efficiency, and all aspects were well-coordinated. The materials used were of a good quality that enhances the finished product.My daughter and I are very pleased with results.Warwick
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen
Our front yard in Karrinyup was completely transformed in March 2015. In just one week, the team completed the job of removing what was there, replaced the topsoil, installed the reticulation and mulched with native plants. Four months on we are still so impressed with the job and delighted that we used Luke’s Landscaping. Highly recommended!
- I have used Luke’s Landscaping to do a major overhaul to the landscaping at my house and lots of other makeovers at my rental properties in the last three years. The professional service, fantastic results and the quick turnaround has meant that Luke is the first guy I call for my landscaping needs. I have been thrilled with the results and pleased with the attention to detail. I am happy to recommend this business.Paul