GRASS CUTTING SERVICES – PERTH
Here at Luke’s Landscaping and Irrigation Services, we pride ourselves on providing the utmost quality of lawn care maintenance programs and lawn mowing services in Perth, only using state of the art lawn mowing equipment and products.
Our grass cutting service mowers are fitted with an easy height adjustment system enabling us to set the perfect height for each and every lawn, specifically for the seasonal time of year and situation at hand. By adjusting the mowing height, it enables our team to help your lawn retain a lush green look, all year round whilst using less water to keep your lawn healthy and strong, to aid in the battle against weeds and disease.
Most households in Perth have warm season grasses for their lawns, basically this means in the warmer months the lawns thrive and grow quickly however during the colder months lawns growth slows down, becoming nearly dormant in some situations. By raising mowing heights during these colder periods leaves more green leaf on the plant which in turn helps the plants process of photosynthesis enabling it to stay healthy when there is less sunlight available.ENQUIRE NOW LAWN MOWING QUOTE
WE MOW ALL LAWN VARIETIES
The most common varieties of lawn in the Perth region are Couch grasses and Soft Leaf Buffalo grasses however there is a range of different various for many purposes.
With today’s breeding technology the Soft Leaf Buffalo grasses have become very popular as they are now much more manageable, water wise and more tolerable to pest and disease than in the past. Here at Luke’s Landscaping and Irrigation Services our well trained technicians are experienced in the maintenance of all the grass varieties used here in Perth by both homeowners and commercial properties, in their commitment to high to top end lawn cutting services.
Appropriate mowing techniques with the correct machinery in coalition with a tailored year round fertilizing program and soil wetting agent agents; in summer months is the best way to keep your lawn lush, healthy and looking great all year round. And don’t forget a decent retic system too!
TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND HANDY HINTS
- Recommended mowing heights and frequencies for Couch grass are as follows – to be mowed every 2-3 weeks at a height between 12-15mm in the warmer months and raised to 15-18mm every 3-4 weeks during the colder months.
- Recommended mowing heights and frequencies for Buffalo Grasses are as follows – to be mowed in a height range of 25-35mm every 2-3 weeks in warmer months and 30-40mm in the colder months.
- An efficient reticulation system is a must have- this is important to apply the water evenly and frequently keeping your lawn well hydrated.
- Regular mowing taking just the top third of the leaf each time enables the lawn to store water in the cell structure of the leaf making the lawn require less water.
- Cutting lawns too low can scalp the stems of the plant which causes the lawn to grow new stems on top of the damaged ones, increasing the thatch layer of the lawn dramatically.
- Leaving around two thirds of the leaf structure in tact when mowing enabling a high rate of photosynthesis also increases root and stem growth making the plant healthier and more resistant to weeds, pests and disease.
- Removing clippings when mowing, decreases the rate of thatch build up in the lawn.
If you want to inquire about our lawn mowing services on a regular basis or if you are just looking for a ‘once off mow’ or garden clean up then please contact us on the form below to set up an initial appointment.
- They came within two days of my call and on time. We live on 5 acres and had a solenoid problem and a few other things. It was all replaced or repaired as quickly as possible and the trades person was polite and friendly. I am happy to recommend Luke’s Landscaping and Reticulation to others and other horse property owners and I will be keeping their card and using them again if needed.Julie
- Great job at our place. Great service and price.Yogi
- Did a great job on my retic. Were fast and accurate. Easy to work with. Showed up on time. Couldn't ask for more.James
- Quick efficient work. Friendly staff, great price.Sam
- The team from Luke's have been out to place twice to 1) fix up a messy retic installation by the previous owners of our house 2) fully automate our retic. My experience in a nutshell - excellent communication, service and always on time. Each invoice has included a list of recommendations for further improving our setup, which is really handy as a reference. They also proactively called and asked for feedback on team members and I can't think of another business I've dealt with recently that has had any interest in the customer experience. Highly recommended.Andrew