Most of the soil in Perth is very sandy without a lot of nutrients and organic matter in it. To have a beautiful, thriving garden we recommend amending or completely replacing the soil to a good depth.
Lawns generally need 100mm – 200mm of a good quality, free draining topsoil. Good examples of this are Special Lawn Mix and Landscape Mix. Both these soils contain organic matter and nutrients, as well as having the right water retention for the lawn to thrive on. The other way is to add high quality concentrates with a clay component, micro-organisms and organic matter with trace elements into the existing soil and mix it through thoroughly.
Gardens usually need large amounts of organic matter mixed into the existing soil. A few good products we use to achieve this are General Concentrate and Soil Conditioner. These rich soils are not suitable to be planted in directly and are mixed with the existing sand in a 1:1 ratio to improve it.
Another option is to completely replace the existing sand with Landscape Mix or similar. This way you can be assured that the plants have a quality soil to grow in.
We firmly believe that getting the foundations right is possibly the most important part of the whole process. The sad thing is that this part of the job is the most often overlooked by many of the landscapers in Perth. This almost often comes down to trying to provide a cheaper quote to win the job; or inexperience. Remember the cheapest quote does not always work out to be the cheapest in the long run! Having to fix up and add in more sprinklers, improve the soil constantly and replace lawn and plants can be very costly in the long run. The costs can be minimised by better preparation in the implementation of your landscaping.
If you have a landscape design, we can provide you with an irrigation design outlining the parts and the layout of the proposed irrigation system.
It’s not easy choosing a business that’s going to do a good job the first time around. Time and time again clients need us to completely replace lawns and gardens that are only a few years old because of poor planning and execution. It’s important to remember that when choosing a landscaper in Perth you need someone who cares about getting the planning, foundations and reticulation right.
Here at Luke’s Landscaping and irrigation services, we believe it’s what’s underneath that counts!
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- It was a pleasure working with John and the team to re-create my garden and patio area. John was extremely knowledgeable and offered expert advice. The on site team was professional, friendly and hard working. The site was left immaculate after the work was complete. This was a big job, taking 7 days to do (retaining walls, re-paving, garden, soakwells, reticulation etc) and the result is amazing. If you are looking for a quality, professional well priced job I would recommend you call Luke's Landscaping.Nicole, Duncraig
- Oh wow, where do I start . . . Right from our first contact with Luke we had a good feeling about it. Luke was friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic to meet our needs. He provided us with some much needed direction for our gardening endeavours, was professional, and always available to answer our questions. Once we decided on a plan, he coordinated all of the services and items that were needed, and provided us with an exceptionally hard working, and skilled, landscaper in Derick. Luke visited the project on several occasions, to make sure we were happy with it’s progress, to make some minor tweaks here and there, or deliver something that was needed. Our landscape project was relatively small but we never felt like we didn’t matter. The project started on time, and finished on time, and the yard was left spick and span. It’s a vast improvement on what was there before it, and given it’s almost spring, it shouldn’t be long before our garden takes on it’s real shape. We could not be happier with the end result, the price, and the service that we received from Luke and Derick. If you are looking to have a landscaping job done, either big or small, I’d definitely recommend giving Luke a call.Rick and Clare
- Luke's team provided excellent service and project coordination. All the inhouse trades where great to work with and the external ones that they brought in were also great quality. The work was top notch, the areas where materials were stored where probably left tidier than when they arrived and the garden looks great. I would highly recommend!Leuan, Mount Hawthorn
- I have used Luke’s Landscaping to do a major overhaul to the landscaping at my house and lots of other makeovers at my rental properties in the last three years. The professional service, fantastic results and the quick turnaround has meant that Luke is the first guy I call for my landscaping needs. I have been thrilled with the results and pleased with the attention to detail. I am happy to recommend this business.Paul
- Luke & his team did quite a large landscaping job for us. Lisa came up with a design that we loved & was involved from start to finish. Any little issues that came up along the way were dealt with quickly & efficiently. The quality of Mark’s work & his attention to detail were outstanding. We are thrilled with our new yard & highly recommend Luke’s Landscaping.Kelly
Our front yard in Karrinyup was completely transformed in March 2015. In just one week, the team completed the job of removing what was there, replaced the topsoil, installed the reticulation and mulched with native plants. Four months on we are still so impressed with the job and delighted that we used Luke’s Landscaping. Highly recommended!