Steps we often take (not always in this order either!)
- Testing the controller output and ensure output on all ports. It’s important to test the Master or pump port is sending a signal on each station. The Master or Pump Port will send a signal activating the Master Solenoid if your system runs off the mains water supply or will activate your Water Bore Pump via a low voltage relay. Your controller sends a low voltage signal through wiring (usually 5mm for residential reticulation systems.) to your solenoid valves which are normally in the ground in a protective box.
- We check the water source. Often it’s as simple as the isolation valve system which has been turned off. Sounds simple-(yes we know!) BUT we can’t tell you the number of times its something very simple like this. A quick check can save hours of unsuccessful problem solving.
- Check the retic controller has power. Often the back up battery can make it appear to have power but a back up battery does not normally have enough power to run the system. An easy way to check this if the controller is hard wired is to remove the battery. Another way is to check the two 24 colt AC ports. If the controller is good we will test it on manual and also on an automatic cycle as sometimes the controller works on Manual but not automatic.
- We run a test on the wiring using a Multi meter or Tech Tool. This helps us identify if there are any wiring issues or shorts in the system. If a short comes up we will check the coil on that station and the wiring connections. If we get an open circuit it means the wire has been cut or is no longer connected properly and we will get our tracker out and start to trace the break.
- Check the solenoid valves. Sometimes it can be an internal non-electrical issue in say the Master Valve or in a particular station.
- Check the meter box and ensure all circuit breakers are on (mainly if you have a bore).
- Check the bore relay is clicking in.
- We have a qualified electrician available for any electrical issues and no not all electricians are equal. Its important to get someone who understands bores and how they work and are set up electrically. Inexperienced electricians can wire things in the wrong way or use the wrong size or type of material, and can cost you much more in the long run with mistakes and incorrect problem solving.
- We have a qualified plumber also available who can install new isolation taps and fix most plumbing issues related to reticulation.
- We can check the gate valve as sometime the gate drops in older ones stopping the water flow.
- If everything is working and the water source is producing and the solenoid valves are opening and closing often this can indicate a break in the main supply line or a fitting that has come loose which we will look for.
- Another common problem is when a solenoid is sticking all the time. What this means is when another solenoid opens up it has no pressure as the water is escaping from the leaking sticking solenoid valve. (Station 1 stays on all the time even when 2,3 and 4 come on.
- Sometimes it can be sprinklers broken at the base where the sprinkler connects to the pipe and the water is escaping under the ground and you do not notice it right away.
- Your disk filter may be blocked.
- Your pressure relief valve may be activating and releasing all the pressure.
- There could be a problem with your bore pump that requires our pump specialist to look into it. Sometimes there is water but no pressure behind it indicating a problem which we need to address. A way to figure this out is a pressure test from the pump itself or where the main feed comes out of the ground before the solenoids.
- Broken wiring.
- A partial break in the wiring where its sending a signal but the signal is to low to properly activate the solenoid. Where this becomes confusing is sometimes it may work and sometimes it may not if its on the edge.
- A short in the system can be wiring joints/connectors that are old and corroded or they may be getting water in them (and cause a short when its wet and stop causing the short when its dry, this can be very confusing and frustrating for the home owner) Often people just tape the wiring connections as they low voltage, the tape can often get water inside causing a short. Using a water proof professional Gel Connector is a better way to go.
- There are many more steps we take and many more varied and different problems that can arise to stop a system working
If you need help repairing your retic sprinkler system in Perth then reach out to us. We have the parts , the equipment and the various trades needed to undertake the majority of problems with home residential retic systems and we are well established in the industry.
Call us on 0424 133 950 or send us an email at email@example.com
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- Luke's work has produced a beautiful Spring garden! Our home is now surrounded by a beautiful, healthy and blossoming Spring garden! All the hard work earlier in the year by Luke and his dedicated team is now evident - from the luscious green growth, to the well watered lawns. With the emphasis on the use of enriched soil, suitable plants and planting locations, plus the updating of the reticulation system - our garden will flourish for many years to come! Thanks Luke and your Team! P & J ChurchlandsP. Mahoney
- I could give Luke’s Landscaping a higher recommendation. They handled my front yard from design through to completion and I was so impressed by their work, attention to detail and communication at each step of the process. Such a great experience and I love coming home to my new front yard!Estelle
- Oh wow, where do I start . . . Right from our first contact with Luke we had a good feeling about it. Luke was friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic to meet our needs. He provided us with some much needed direction for our gardening endeavours, was professional, and always available to answer our questions. Once we decided on a plan, he coordinated all of the services and items that were needed, and provided us with an exceptionally hard working, and skilled, landscaper in Derick. Luke visited the project on several occasions, to make sure we were happy with it’s progress, to make some minor tweaks here and there, or deliver something that was needed. Our landscape project was relatively small but we never felt like we didn’t matter. The project started on time, and finished on time, and the yard was left spick and span. It’s a vast improvement on what was there before it, and given it’s almost spring, it shouldn’t be long before our garden takes on it’s real shape. We could not be happier with the end result, the price, and the service that we received from Luke and Derick. If you are looking to have a landscaping job done, either big or small, I’d definitely recommend giving Luke a call.Rick and Clare
- A huge thank you to the staff at Luke's Landscaping for the wonderful transformation of our front yard. It's gone from a sandpit to a gorgeous green oasis. The team worked so hard over the week to transform our gardens and we are very appreciative of the attention to detail and care they took.Christina and Darren
- Luke & his team did quite a large landscaping job for us. Lisa came up with a design that we loved & was involved from start to finish. Any little issues that came up along the way were dealt with quickly & efficiently. The quality of Mark’s work & his attention to detail were outstanding. We are thrilled with our new yard & highly recommend Luke’s Landscaping.Kelly
- Our terrace house had a sad and seldom used rear courtyard which has absolutely no access other than via our living areas. This we thought would be a show-stopper but Luke’s landscaping had the expertise to take it on and swiftly provided us with a lovely design and costed implementation plan, which has simply transformed this area into a valuable extension of our living space. The construction work was carried out most diligently and despite having to transport removed debris, new limestone blocks and pavers, soil, mulch and many plants (including a very large tree) through our home, the professionalism of the whole process and the final cleanup left no sign of the major operation that had been undertaken, either internally or externally. Luke’s follow up on the project to address a couple of small issues has also been most helpful and certainly won’t hesitate in recommending Luke’s landscaping to others who have admired this transformed area! Thankyou.Catriona