RETICULATION REPAIRS – ALL PERTH SUBURBS
Luke’s Landscaping offers professional reticulation repairs in Perth. We specialise in solving reticulation problems that can occur in residential and commercial reticulation systems.
Western Australia has an extremely hot climate during the summer months so we understand getting your retic up and running as fast as possible is a high priority, and that’s what we do. We are fast, responsive and have the expert local knowledge and years of experience that enables us to deliver a high quality reticulation repair service.
Why Use Us? Our Availability!
- fa-check”We carry out reticulation repairs in all Perth suburbs in Western Australia from Mandurah to past Joondalup and all areas in-between
- We are fast and responsive
- Our office staff are available to take your enquiry and schedule your job – no waiting for days for tradies to return your call
- We have a fully stocked fleet of vehicles dedicated to reticulation repairs and servicing. This makes our service faster and more efficient
- We are a one stop shop and can coordinate, supply and manage any trade services that could be required, including bore contractors, electricians and plumbers. Meaning less work for you and peace of mind that the job will be done properly
THE MOST COMMON RETICULATION REPAIR PROBLEMS IN PERTH
- Nothing is working and the customer has no idea why
- No display on the reticulation controller screen
- Solenoid is stuck open so the water is always running and taking pressure away from the other stations
- Master solenoid stuck open
- Solenoid coils burnt out
- Common wires broken, cut or worn out from old age in the ground making everything stop working
- Controller sending faulty signals to the wrong solenoids (turn on station 1 and station 4 comes on instead)
- Solenoid broken internally
- Bore or master solenoid not working resulting in the whole system not working
- Poor wire connections in the ground causing the controllers fuse to blow. These connections need to be located and if there are a lot of them and it’s an old system, it can be better to rewire in some cases
- Corroded old wiring breaking apart
- Wiring not protected and installed incorrectly
- The reticulation controller has a backup battery which keeps the display up but the main power source is down confusing the customer who wonders why it’s not working if the display is up. The backup battery will merely hold the settings in the case of a power failure but does not have enough power to run the system
- Wire to a particular solenoid broken in the ground
- Transformer in the controller is faulty
- The gate valve (main tap for the retic) has dropped down inside but the tap looks like it’s on; it’s failed internally so you don’t know
- Moisture in wiring connections causing controller to say fuse on that particular zone or station
- Pipes that are blocked, crushed or kinked under the ground
- Messy confusing wiring under the ground
- Hidden leaks in the retic mainline or valves
Please call us on our service number 0424 133 950 or send us an inquiry below and we will get in touch with you as soon as we possibly can to organise your repair.
One of things we are most known for is our problem solving. We specialise in solving difficult reticulation issues. If your retic has you stumped, then come to us! We have the correct equipment to test the circuit on each of your solenoids, to locate your broken wiring and solenoid valves and we can also test the output coming from your controller to ensure its sending a signal. We have a range of specialist parts once we have identified a problem to assist us in resolving it.
WIRING ISSUES :
Sometimes a wire is so corroded and broken in so many parts its unable to be repaired or it runs under concrete or a building and the break is under the concrete or building. A valve needs its own independent wire to operate. In both cases, it is either going to be very costly or impossible. So how do we resolve this?
We can install an Add A Station. This is a device that can run two valves independently from one wire. We take the wire from a working valve and use it for the Add A Station. The Add A Station will then independently run both valves, the working one and the one with the broken wire.
When there are multiple breaks we can install a Splitter Station. This is a device which can run 4 valves or less off one wire but cannot run them independently. We basically set the controller for 4 times as long on one station, once it’s run a cycle the splitter station evenly divides up the time between the remaining stations.
The problem with this set up is it’s a bit more difficult to understand and every time you run a test cycle it resets itself and will divide itself evenly by whatever time you set it for at the end of the station run time.
Both the Add A Station and the Splitter Station are invaluable when it comes to solving difficult or impossible wiring situations and should be part of every retic professionals repair kit.
RETIC HAS LOW PRESSURE?
We have special low pressure nozzles which can, in the right situations, double or triple the coverage you have. Rather than spending a whole day adding in more solenoids, installing a larger controller, and then finding where all the pipes are to split up your system,simply installing these low pressure and water efficient heads may quickly and very effectively solve your issue. They work kind of like when you start restricting the flow of a hose with your finger which makes it spray further even though you are letting out less water. Water wise Rotary nozzles use a lot less water and therefore must be run a lot longer. The Water Corporation has guidelines on how long each type of sprinkler can run for:
We recommend and use the Hunter MP Rotator. This is a sprinkler with heavy droplets and an even spread that applies the water slowly to reduce run off and avoid misting and excessive evaporation. See our detailed web page here that explains them and has video’s and pictures.
To summarize, get the right company to service and provide your reticulation repairs. Here at Luke’s landscaping we have the knowledge, expertise, equipment and materials to assist you. Customer service is extremely important to us in our dealings with you and we offer a warranty on all our work. We have many more examples of materials and equipment that can assist you. Check out the rest of our website for more information.
- Did a great job on my retic. Were fast and accurate. Easy to work with. Showed up on time. Couldn't ask for more.James
- Great job at our place. Great service and price.Yogi
- The team from Luke's have been out to place twice to 1) fix up a messy retic installation by the previous owners of our house 2) fully automate our retic. My experience in a nutshell - excellent communication, service and always on time. Each invoice has included a list of recommendations for further improving our setup, which is really handy as a reference. They also proactively called and asked for feedback on team members and I can't think of another business I've dealt with recently that has had any interest in the customer experience. Highly recommended.Andrew
- Quick efficient work. Friendly staff, great price.Sam
- They came within two days of my call and on time. We live on 5 acres and had a solenoid problem and a few other things. It was all replaced or repaired as quickly as possible and the trades person was polite and friendly. I am happy to recommend Luke’s Landscaping and Reticulation to others and other horse property owners and I will be keeping their card and using them again if needed.Julie
- The team from Luke's have been out to place twice to 1) fix up a messy retic installation by the previous owners of our house 2) fully automate our retic. My experience in a nutshell - excellent communication, service and always on time. Each invoice has included a list of recommendations for further improving our setup, which is really handy as a reference. They also proactively called and asked for feedback on team members and I can't think of another business I've dealt with recently that has had any interest in the customer experience. Highly recommended.Anonymous