How can I find out my designated watering days?
You can find out by going to the Water Corporation website – we like to be helpful, so if you click here you’ll go straight to the right page.
What are the basic rules for watering days in Perth?
Garden reticulation in Perth is subject to some pretty strict rules, with set times (before 9am and after 6pm) and designated watering days based on where you live.
Perth also has a permanent winter sprinkler ban in place from 1st June – 31st August each year.
What about if I have a bore in my garden?
If you have a bore in your garden you are entitled to one extra day watering day each week. You can still receive a fine if you are caught watering outside of these allocated days.
What can – and can’t – I do outside of my watering days?
It might be prohibited to run your reticulation system outside of your designed watering days, but there are still things using water that you can do.
- Hand water with a hose
- Top up your swimming pool
- Wash your car with a hose
- Top up a pond or fountain
- Run your reticulation system
- Hose your driveway
- Use a high pressure hose (e.g. one used to clean your pavers)
Why is there a watering ban in place during winter?
Because the rain can look after your garden beds and lawn instead. Evaporation rates are generally lower in winter, so there’s just no need.
Having this ban in place enabled Perth to save about FIVE BILLION LITRES of water last year alone. This can then be used during the drier months.
What will happen if I water outside my designated watering days, or during winter?
Residents caught breaching the sprinkler roster or watering in winter can receive a $100 fine. Break the rules at your own risk!
On the other side of the coin, if you see someone breaching the sprinkler ban, or putting their retic on during non-watering days, you can report it here. And please do – water conservation in our dry state is essential.
Are there any watering day exemptions available?
Want to make sure your garden is getting the most of those watering days in Perth? Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Find us on social media
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
Our front yard in Karrinyup was completely transformed in March 2015. In just one week, the team completed the job of removing what was there, replaced the topsoil, installed the reticulation and mulched with native plants. Four months on we are still so impressed with the job and delighted that we used Luke’s Landscaping. Highly recommended!
- I have used Luke’s Landscaping to do a major overhaul to the landscaping at my house and lots of other makeovers at my rental properties in the last three years. The professional service, fantastic results and the quick turnaround has meant that Luke is the first guy I call for my landscaping needs. I have been thrilled with the results and pleased with the attention to detail. I am happy to recommend this business.Paul
- I used Luke’s Landscaping to provide an overhaul of my front lawn with the task to reduce the amount of lawn and increase the low maintenance area including a rock feature. Also, they were used to provide a major landscaping overhaul for my Daughter’s back garden including lawns, garden beds and low water usage reticulation. All work was carried out within the agreed time schedule. The staff are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The work completed with efficiency, and all aspects were well-coordinated. The materials used were of a good quality that enhances the finished product. My daughter and I are very pleased with results.Warwick
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen