How can I find out my designated watering days?
You can find out by going to the Water Corporation website – we like to be helpful, so if you click here you’ll go straight to the right page.
What are the basic rules for watering days in Perth?
Garden reticulation in Perth is subject to some pretty strict rules, with set times (before 9am and after 6pm) and designated watering days based on where you live.
Perth also has a permanent winter sprinkler ban in place from 1st June – 31st August each year.
What about if I have a bore in my garden?
If you have a bore in your garden you are entitled to one extra day watering day each week. You can still receive a fine if you are caught watering outside of these allocated days.
What can – and can’t – I do outside of my watering days?
It might be prohibited to run your reticulation system outside of your designed watering days, but there are still things using water that you can do.
- Hand water with a hose
- Top up your swimming pool
- Wash your car with a hose
- Top up a pond or fountain
- Run your reticulation system
- Hose your driveway
- Use a high pressure hose (e.g. one used to clean your pavers)
Why is there a watering ban in place during winter?
Because the rain can look after your garden beds and lawn instead. Evaporation rates are generally lower in winter, so there’s just no need.
Having this ban in place enabled Perth to save about FIVE BILLION LITRES of water last year alone. This can then be used during the drier months.
What will happen if I water outside my designated watering days, or during winter?
Residents caught breaching the sprinkler roster or watering in winter can receive a $100 fine. Break the rules at your own risk!
On the other side of the coin, if you see someone breaching the sprinkler ban, or putting their retic on during non-watering days, you can report it here. And please do – water conservation in our dry state is essential.
Are there any watering day exemptions available?
Want to make sure your garden is getting the most of those watering days in Perth? Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Find us on social media
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
Our front yard in Karrinyup was completely transformed in March 2015. In just one week, the team completed the job of removing what was there, replaced the topsoil, installed the reticulation and mulched with native plants. Four months on we are still so impressed with the job and delighted that we used Luke’s Landscaping. Highly recommended!
- Luke's work has produced a beautiful Spring garden! Our home is now surrounded by a beautiful, healthy and blossoming Spring garden! All the hard work earlier in the year by Luke and his dedicated team is now evident - from the luscious green growth, to the well watered lawns. With the emphasis on the use of enriched soil, suitable plants and planting locations, plus the updating of the reticulation system - our garden will flourish for many years to come! Thanks Luke and your Team! P & J ChurchlandsP. Mahoney
- I could give Luke’s Landscaping a higher recommendation. They handled my front yard from design through to completion and I was so impressed by their work, attention to detail and communication at each step of the process. Such a great experience and I love coming home to my new front yard!Estelle
- A huge thank you to the staff at Luke's Landscaping for the wonderful transformation of our front yard. It's gone from a sandpit to a gorgeous green oasis. The team worked so hard over the week to transform our gardens and we are very appreciative of the attention to detail and care they took.Christina and Darren
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen
- I have used Luke’s Landscaping to do a major overhaul to the landscaping at my house and lots of other makeovers at my rental properties in the last three years. The professional service, fantastic results and the quick turnaround has meant that Luke is the first guy I call for my landscaping needs. I have been thrilled with the results and pleased with the attention to detail. I am happy to recommend this business.Paul