How can I find out my designated watering days?
You can find out by going to the Water Corporation website – we like to be helpful, so if you click here you’ll go straight to the right page.
What are the basic rules for watering days in Perth?
Garden reticulation in Perth is subject to some pretty strict rules, with set times (before 9am and after 6pm) and designated watering days based on where you live.
Perth also has a permanent winter sprinkler ban in place from 1st June – 31st August each year.
What about if I have a bore in my garden?
If you have a bore in your garden you are entitled to one extra day watering day each week. You can still receive a fine if you are caught watering outside of these allocated days.
What can – and can’t – I do outside of my watering days?
It might be prohibited to run your reticulation system outside of your designed watering days, but there are still things using water that you can do.
- Hand water with a hose
- Top up your swimming pool
- Wash your car with a hose
- Top up a pond or fountain
- Run your reticulation system
- Hose your driveway
- Use a high pressure hose (e.g. one used to clean your pavers)
Why is there a watering ban in place during winter?
Because the rain can look after your garden beds and lawn instead. Evaporation rates are generally lower in winter, so there’s just no need.
Having this ban in place enabled Perth to save about FIVE BILLION LITRES of water last year alone. This can then be used during the drier months.
What will happen if I water outside my designated watering days, or during winter?
Residents caught breaching the sprinkler roster or watering in winter can receive a $100 fine. Break the rules at your own risk!
On the other side of the coin, if you see someone breaching the sprinkler ban, or putting their retic on during non-watering days, you can report it here. And please do – water conservation in our dry state is essential.
Are there any watering day exemptions available?
Want to make sure your garden is getting the most of those watering days in Perth? Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Find us on social media
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- I used Luke’s Landscaping to provide an overhaul of my front lawn with the task to reduce the amount of lawn and increase the low maintenance area including a rock feature. Also, they were used to provide a major landscaping overhaul for my Daughter’s back garden including lawns, garden beds and low water usage reticulation. All work was carried out within the agreed time schedule. The staff are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The work completed with efficiency, and all aspects were well-coordinated. The materials used were of a good quality that enhances the finished product. My daughter and I are very pleased with results.Warwick
- I have used Luke’s Landscaping to do a major overhaul to the landscaping at my house and lots of other makeovers at my rental properties in the last three years. The professional service, fantastic results and the quick turnaround has meant that Luke is the first guy I call for my landscaping needs. I have been thrilled with the results and pleased with the attention to detail. I am happy to recommend this business.Paul
- A huge thank you to the staff at Luke's Landscaping for the wonderful transformation of our front yard. It's gone from a sandpit to a gorgeous green oasis. The team worked so hard over the week to transform our gardens and we are very appreciative of the attention to detail and care they took.Christina and Darren
- Our terrace house had a sad and seldom used rear courtyard which has absolutely no access other than via our living areas. This we thought would be a show-stopper but Luke’s landscaping had the expertise to take it on and swiftly provided us with a lovely design and costed implementation plan, which has simply transformed this area into a valuable extension of our living space. The construction work was carried out most diligently and despite having to transport removed debris, new limestone blocks and pavers, soil, mulch and many plants (including a very large tree) through our home, the professionalism of the whole process and the final cleanup left no sign of the major operation that had been undertaken, either internally or externally. Luke’s follow up on the project to address a couple of small issues has also been most helpful and certainly won’t hesitate in recommending Luke’s landscaping to others who have admired this transformed area! Thankyou.Catriona
- Luke's work has produced a beautiful Spring garden! Our home is now surrounded by a beautiful, healthy and blossoming Spring garden! All the hard work earlier in the year by Luke and his dedicated team is now evident - from the luscious green growth, to the well watered lawns. With the emphasis on the use of enriched soil, suitable plants and planting locations, plus the updating of the reticulation system - our garden will flourish for many years to come! Thanks Luke and your Team! P & J ChurchlandsP. Mahoney
- Oh wow, where do I start . . . Right from our first contact with Luke we had a good feeling about it. Luke was friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic to meet our needs. He provided us with some much needed direction for our gardening endeavours, was professional, and always available to answer our questions. Once we decided on a plan, he coordinated all of the services and items that were needed, and provided us with an exceptionally hard working, and skilled, landscaper in Derick. Luke visited the project on several occasions, to make sure we were happy with it’s progress, to make some minor tweaks here and there, or deliver something that was needed. Our landscape project was relatively small but we never felt like we didn’t matter. The project started on time, and finished on time, and the yard was left spick and span. It’s a vast improvement on what was there before it, and given it’s almost spring, it shouldn’t be long before our garden takes on it’s real shape. We could not be happier with the end result, the price, and the service that we received from Luke and Derick. If you are looking to have a landscaping job done, either big or small, I’d definitely recommend giving Luke a call.Rick and Clare