How can I find out my designated watering days?
You can find out by going to the Water Corporation website – we like to be helpful, so if you click here you’ll go straight to the right page.
What are the basic rules for watering days in Perth?
Garden reticulation in Perth is subject to some pretty strict rules, with set times (before 9am and after 6pm) and designated watering days based on where you live.
Perth also has a permanent winter sprinkler ban in place from 1st June – 31st August each year.
What about if I have a bore in my garden?
If you have a bore in your garden you are entitled to one extra day watering day each week. You can still receive a fine if you are caught watering outside of these allocated days.
What can – and can’t – I do outside of my watering days?
It might be prohibited to run your reticulation system outside of your designed watering days, but there are still things using water that you can do.
- Hand water with a hose
- Top up your swimming pool
- Wash your car with a hose
- Top up a pond or fountain
- Run your reticulation system
- Hose your driveway
- Use a high pressure hose (e.g. one used to clean your pavers)
Why is there a watering ban in place during winter?
Because the rain can look after your garden beds and lawn instead. Evaporation rates are generally lower in winter, so there’s just no need.
Having this ban in place enabled Perth to save about FIVE BILLION LITRES of water last year alone. This can then be used during the drier months.
What will happen if I water outside my designated watering days, or during winter?
Residents caught breaching the sprinkler roster or watering in winter can receive a $100 fine. Break the rules at your own risk!
On the other side of the coin, if you see someone breaching the sprinkler ban, or putting their retic on during non-watering days, you can report it here. And please do – water conservation in our dry state is essential.
Are there any watering day exemptions available?
Want to make sure your garden is getting the most of those watering days in Perth? Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Find us on social media
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- Luke and his hard-working team did a great job transforming our home garden and lawn areas. His is attention to detail and expert advice were second to none. All staff assigned by Luke for our landscaping work were knowledgeable, courteous and considerate at all times. Luke has a long-term vision for landscaping projects - as evident from the careful choice of appropriate soil types and reticulation design/layout. Sustainable, beautiful gardens/landscaping is Luke's passion!Phil, Churchlands
- We contracted Luke's Landscaping to design and construct our gardens for our new build. This included reticulation, concrete formwork, paving, hard- and soft-scaping. They came up with a fantastic concept, planting suggestions and executed the project well. There has been a high level of quality control throughout the process. John was extremely helpful, and was able to solve all technical issues arising from such a complex project promptly. He was also able to source all of the exotic plants we required. They have been a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend their services.Paul, Applecross
- A huge thank you to the staff at Luke's Landscaping for the wonderful transformation of our front yard. It's gone from a sandpit to a gorgeous green oasis. The team worked so hard over the week to transform our gardens and we are very appreciative of the attention to detail and care they took.Christina and Darren
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen
Our front yard in Karrinyup was completely transformed in March 2015. In just one week, the team completed the job of removing what was there, replaced the topsoil, installed the reticulation and mulched with native plants. Four months on we are still so impressed with the job and delighted that we used Luke’s Landscaping. Highly recommended!
- Luke's team provided excellent service and project coordination. All the inhouse trades where great to work with and the external ones that they brought in were also great quality. The work was top notch, the areas where materials were stored where probably left tidier than when they arrived and the garden looks great. I would highly recommend!Leuan, Mount Hawthorn