As temperatures rise (and boy, don’t they rise in Perth?!) over the next few months, it’s really important to keep your soil moist. – and its micro-organisms active. Mulch plays a big part in reducing water loss, so be sure to spread a layer of 8-10cm thickness over your garden beds.
Bark mulch (pine bark) has the added bonus of stabilising the pH of your soil.
Check your reticulation
Spring is a great time to make sure your reticulation system is ready for the hot months that lie ahead. It’s essential that the right amount of water is used (too little or too much can cause real problems) and that your garden is getting the best coverage.
Make sure that all your sprinkler heads are working and that they’re spraying water in the right direction – and covering all the areas you want watered.
Click here for some of our tips for doing your own reticulation repairs.
Watch out for pests
Aphids and psyllids will start to show themselves around now – they’ll most likely be found on the stems of plants or on the leaf.
There’s a variety of treatments for pests out there depending on whether you prefer the organic or… less organic approach. From essential oils to chili and garlic… there are a lot of anecdotal accounts of success getting rid of pests through unconventional methods!
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- Luke & his team did quite a large landscaping job for us. Lisa came up with a design that we loved & was involved from start to finish. Any little issues that came up along the way were dealt with quickly & efficiently. The quality of Mark’s work & his attention to detail were outstanding. We are thrilled with our new yard & highly recommend Luke’s Landscaping.Kelly
Our front yard in Karrinyup was completely transformed in March 2015. In just one week, the team completed the job of removing what was there, replaced the topsoil, installed the reticulation and mulched with native plants. Four months on we are still so impressed with the job and delighted that we used Luke’s Landscaping. Highly recommended!
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen
- A huge thank you to the staff at Luke's Landscaping for the wonderful transformation of our front yard. It's gone from a sandpit to a gorgeous green oasis. The team worked so hard over the week to transform our gardens and we are very appreciative of the attention to detail and care they took.Christina and Darren
- I could give Luke’s Landscaping a higher recommendation. They handled my front yard from design through to completion and I was so impressed by their work, attention to detail and communication at each step of the process. Such a great experience and I love coming home to my new front yard!Estelle
- I used Luke’s Landscaping to provide an overhaul of my front lawn with the task to reduce the amount of lawn and increase the low maintenance area including a rock feature. Also, they were used to provide a major landscaping overhaul for my Daughter’s back garden including lawns, garden beds and low water usage reticulation. All work was carried out within the agreed time schedule. The staff are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The work completed with efficiency, and all aspects were well-coordinated. The materials used were of a good quality that enhances the finished product. My daughter and I are very pleased with results.Warwick