Having a Master Solenoid is essential for any reticulation system for a number of reasons
In your reticulation system, a Master Solenoid acts as a fail safe. A reticulation system without a Master Valve is always under pressure; what this means is the main supply pipe, which is usually PVC piping, is under pressure the whole way to each solenoid. A mainline under pressure like this, is much more likely to burst or have slow leaks, which may not be discovered for a long time wasting water. At any point, if a fitting pops off or a pipe is damaged, the water will come pouring out and will not stop. Think about it, if you are away on holidays and your main supply pipe bursts apart then you will be in for some serious water loss as well as possibly substantial damage to your home or property as well. Not only that, without a Master Solenoid, if any of your normal solenoids decides to play up and not shut off or starts leaking, it becomes a serious reticulation problem to repair.
A Master Solenoid contains the flow of water at the source of the cut in (cut in is done by a licensed plumber). When installing reticulation, a cut in is where the plumber cuts into the mains water supply piping – usually copper or some other form of allowed plumbers piping – the plumber leaves a threaded fitting so the Master Solenoid can be screwed, not glued directly onto the mains water supply piping. The fact that it is screwed not glued means it will never pop off. The plumber should install two valuable things when doing a cut in.
Install an Isolation Valve
Put simply, it is a tap in the ground at the source of the cut in used to isolate the reticulation. What this means is that the owner can shut the retic water off complexly for the whole system using this tap but still have access to the water for his house.
Install a Dual Check Valve
A Dual Check Valve is a special valve that allows water through it but stops any water going back. This prevents water from people’s reticulation systems which could have glue or dirt in it from going back into people’s drinking water. This is a requirement for all new reticulation systems in Perth.
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- I have used Luke’s Landscaping to do a major overhaul to the landscaping at my house and lots of other makeovers at my rental properties in the last three years. The professional service, fantastic results and the quick turnaround has meant that Luke is the first guy I call for my landscaping needs. I have been thrilled with the results and pleased with the attention to detail. I am happy to recommend this business.Paul
- Our terrace house had a sad and seldom used rear courtyard which has absolutely no access other than via our living areas. This we thought would be a show-stopper but Luke’s landscaping had the expertise to take it on and swiftly provided us with a lovely design and costed implementation plan, which has simply transformed this area into a valuable extension of our living space. The construction work was carried out most diligently and despite having to transport removed debris, new limestone blocks and pavers, soil, mulch and many plants (including a very large tree) through our home, the professionalism of the whole process and the final cleanup left no sign of the major operation that had been undertaken, either internally or externally. Luke’s follow up on the project to address a couple of small issues has also been most helpful and certainly won’t hesitate in recommending Luke’s landscaping to others who have admired this transformed area! Thankyou.Catriona
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen
- Oh wow, where do I start . . . Right from our first contact with Luke we had a good feeling about it. Luke was friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic to meet our needs. He provided us with some much needed direction for our gardening endeavours, was professional, and always available to answer our questions. Once we decided on a plan, he coordinated all of the services and items that were needed, and provided us with an exceptionally hard working, and skilled, landscaper in Derick. Luke visited the project on several occasions, to make sure we were happy with it’s progress, to make some minor tweaks here and there, or deliver something that was needed. Our landscape project was relatively small but we never felt like we didn’t matter. The project started on time, and finished on time, and the yard was left spick and span. It’s a vast improvement on what was there before it, and given it’s almost spring, it shouldn’t be long before our garden takes on it’s real shape. We could not be happier with the end result, the price, and the service that we received from Luke and Derick. If you are looking to have a landscaping job done, either big or small, I’d definitely recommend giving Luke a call.Rick and Clare
- Luke & his team did quite a large landscaping job for us. Lisa came up with a design that we loved & was involved from start to finish. Any little issues that came up along the way were dealt with quickly & efficiently. The quality of Mark’s work & his attention to detail were outstanding. We are thrilled with our new yard & highly recommend Luke’s Landscaping.Kelly
- Luke's work has produced a beautiful Spring garden! Our home is now surrounded by a beautiful, healthy and blossoming Spring garden! All the hard work earlier in the year by Luke and his dedicated team is now evident - from the luscious green growth, to the well watered lawns. With the emphasis on the use of enriched soil, suitable plants and planting locations, plus the updating of the reticulation system - our garden will flourish for many years to come! Thanks Luke and your Team! P & J ChurchlandsP. Mahoney