Having a Master Solenoid is essential for any reticulation system for a number of reasons
In your reticulation system, a Master Solenoid acts as a fail safe. A reticulation system without a Master Valve is always under pressure; what this means is the main supply pipe, which is usually PVC piping, is under pressure the whole way to each solenoid. A mainline under pressure like this, is much more likely to burst or have slow leaks, which may not be discovered for a long time wasting water. At any point, if a fitting pops off or a pipe is damaged, the water will come pouring out and will not stop. Think about it, if you are away on holidays and your main supply pipe bursts apart then you will be in for some serious water loss as well as possibly substantial damage to your home or property as well. Not only that, without a Master Solenoid, if any of your normal solenoids decides to play up and not shut off or starts leaking, it becomes a serious reticulation problem to repair.
A Master Solenoid contains the flow of water at the source of the cut in (cut in is done by a licensed plumber). When installing reticulation, a cut in is where the plumber cuts into the mains water supply piping – usually copper or some other form of allowed plumbers piping – the plumber leaves a threaded fitting so the Master Solenoid can be screwed, not glued directly onto the mains water supply piping. The fact that it is screwed not glued means it will never pop off. The plumber should install two valuable things when doing a cut in.
Install an Isolation Valve
Put simply, it is a tap in the ground at the source of the cut in used to isolate the reticulation. What this means is that the owner can shut the retic water off complexly for the whole system using this tap but still have access to the water for his house.
Install a Dual Check Valve
A Dual Check Valve is a special valve that allows water through it but stops any water going back. This prevents water from people’s reticulation systems which could have glue or dirt in it from going back into people’s drinking water. This is a requirement for all new reticulation systems in Perth.
Need Us To Help With Your Garden?
- We contracted Luke's Landscaping to design and construct our gardens for our new build. This included reticulation, concrete formwork, paving, hard- and soft-scaping. They came up with a fantastic concept, planting suggestions and executed the project well. There has been a high level of quality control throughout the process. John was extremely helpful, and was able to solve all technical issues arising from such a complex project promptly. He was also able to source all of the exotic plants we required. They have been a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend their services.Paul, Applecross
- Luke's team provided excellent service and project coordination. All the inhouse trades where great to work with and the external ones that they brought in were also great quality. The work was top notch, the areas where materials were stored where probably left tidier than when they arrived and the garden looks great. I would highly recommend!Leuan, Mount Hawthorn
- I take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. This is the second time I have used your services. Not only because you did such a good, clean and efficient job, but also the fact you responded to my inquiry in a professional and timely manner unlike many others who I had to recall and I still couldn’t get any response. I would also like to thank your staff who worked diligently until the job was done to our satisfaction particularly giving my wife and myself peace of mind. Therefore, I will always recommend your services to any family or friends, in fact if you need to send any prospective clients to view our garden feel free to do so. If you require any verbal reference feel free to have your client contact me. We wish you all the success in the future with your business.Aldo and Karen
- I could give Luke’s Landscaping a higher recommendation. They handled my front yard from design through to completion and I was so impressed by their work, attention to detail and communication at each step of the process. Such a great experience and I love coming home to my new front yard!Estelle
- Luke & his team did quite a large landscaping job for us. Lisa came up with a design that we loved & was involved from start to finish. Any little issues that came up along the way were dealt with quickly & efficiently. The quality of Mark’s work & his attention to detail were outstanding. We are thrilled with our new yard & highly recommend Luke’s Landscaping.Kelly
- We had our entire front Landscaping re-designed by Luke's Landscaping and they did a fantastic job. Works included new front letter box (brick, render, face plate), garden edging, reticulation install (dripper system) and planting design layout. All the trades were easy to deal with and very professional. The whole project was very well run by Allen who always kept us informed with what was happening and when. I would highly recommend.Brett, Harrisdale